Sunday, November 1, 2015

The unexpected

Falling In love with a man I couldn't have wasn't what I wanted to happen. My heart, being the Rebel it was, decided to not listen to my brain and went off on its own and decided to fall in love with a guy who will never in a million years, love me back. His name is Tom. He's kind of an outcast at my school, no one really sees him, but I do. I notice the way he longingly gazes out the windows during class as if wishing he was free, I see him pick at his nails when he gets nervous, and the way he subconsciously taps his foot along with his music in class. I see him, but unfortunately he doesn't see me. About a year ago, my family and I were involved in a car crash, my family which consisted of my mother, father and  younger brother made it out alive. But I wasn't so lucky; I died on November 1st 2014. My brother and I were being driven to school by my parents when another car collided with our car head on, I didn't have my seatbelt on and went straight into the windshield from the backseat. 
What people don't know is that I still roam around my town, I see people grieving my death and I see my family regularly visit my gravestone. Sometimes I wander the school hallways, remembering what it was like when I was alive. 
 At the moment, I'm at the graveyard watching families visit their family members, it's hard to watch them cry. I hear rustling and look up to see someone coming towards my grave. I notice the brown shaggy hair and torn up jeans and instantly know that it's Tom. He had tears in his eyes and had a guilty look on his face. He laid some flowers on my grave and left a note right next to them. He kept mumbling "I'm sorry" over and over.
When he left, I picked up the note and started reading. After moments of reading, I realized that it was a letter to my parents apologizing. For what you may ask? Tim was the one driving the car that hit me and my family. I'm in love with my own killer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment